How the smartphone is arranged: disassemble into parts
As a child, after reading the story “The Old Man Hottabych”, I was especially impressed with how Hottabych creates a telephone “with the fingers of his left hand” from a single piece of the most selected black marble. ” True, this phone had one drawback - it did not work: “In this case, it is clear why this phone does not work, ” Volka said. “You only made a mock phone, without everything that is supposed to be inside.” And just the most important thing inside the device. ” It was then that I was interested in the question of what is inside the phone. One such telephone, though not made of marble, but made of bakelite, stood on the table by my parents, and, driven by curiosity, I took it apart. After the assembly, I had a lot of extra parts left, and my parents had to buy a new phone.
Over the past three decades, the technique has changed significantly. Inside the Lenovo S90, you won't see what I saw: no carbon microphones, no magnets with wire spools and cardboard speaker diffusers, no pulse dial with gears, a spring and a split flywheel of a centrifugal speed controller. In a modern smartphone, there are not so many parts that can be disassembled into it - they are arranged in fairly large, non-separable units, and the parts are packed extremely compactly inside the case. To disassemble, and then assemble your own smartphone on your own is not always possible. So the Popular Mechanics did it for you.
1. The back cover of anodized aluminum can be made in three color options: platinum, gold, gray graphite. Fingerprints are not visible on the matte finish of the case, so that the case always looks clean.
2. The frame increases the rigidity of the body. It also houses part of the structural elements. 3. Super AMOLED display covered with Gorilla Glass
3. A capacitive touch sensor (touchscreen) is integrated into the display. A loop for connecting to the motherboard is also visible.
4. The motherboard (main) board with a processor, graphics accelerator and memory. There are connectors on the board for connecting the display, side power and volume buttons, the main camera, the front camera, the battery and the coaxial antenna cable. The circuit board connector is on the back of the board.
5. Polyphonic speaker
6. Antenna amplifier
7. The main camera. The flash for it is located on the motherboard.
8. Front (front) camera with integrated optical image stabilization system.
9. A board with connectors for connecting a charger and a circuit board. The round “tablet” on the wire is a micromotor with an eccentric for vibrating alert and tactile feedback when you press the keys.
10. Conversational speaker.
11, 13. Mounts.
12. LED flash front camera.
14. The lithium polymer battery.
15. Tray for two SIM cards.
17. Flex cable for volume and power buttons.
18. Board to cable.
19. Antenna cable.
20. Screws for fasteners.The article “Inside a small tube” was published in the journal Popular Mechanics (No. 8, August 2015).