6 amazingly beautiful insects
1. Pink Maple Butterfly, or Dryocampa rubicunda . These creatures live in North America, and this is no wonder: their development is closely related to the maple tree, since maple leaves serve as the first and only source of nutrition for the Dryocampa rubicunda caterpillar. Pink maple butterflies rest during the day, lead a nocturnal lifestyle. Dryocampa rubicunda was first recorded and described in 1793 (USA).
2. Caterpillar of the Danida monarch, or Danaus plexippus . Monarch Butterfly is considered one of the most famous beauties of the animal world, but it looks no less amazing while still a caterpillar. The caterpillar hatches four days after masonry, eats the remains of the egg shell, then proceeds to eat leaves. At this stage, the monarch accumulates nutrients to enter the pupal phase. The caterpillar stage lasts about two weeks.
3. Crystal caterpillar of Dalceride, or Acraga coa . These creatures are found in the rainforests of Central and South America. They are completely harmless, not poisonous and have a very small size - about 25 mm, so it is not so easy to lively enjoy the beauty of a caterpillar.
4. Fulgoroid, or Fulgoroidea - superfamily, which includes about 10, 000 species. In Europe, there are about 737 species of fulgoroids. In addition to its striking appearance, the insect is famous for the fact that some individuals can reach truly impressive sizes - up to 8 cm, with a wingspan of up to 15 cm. The photograph shows a representative of the species Laternaria candelaria.
5. Orchid mantis, or Hymenopus coronatus - a species of mantis that can be found in the tropical forests of Southeast Asia. Females Hymenopus coronatus can reach a length of 8 cm, so this creature looks even more amazing live.
6. Glass butterfly, or Greta Oto - a species that is very common in the rainforests from Mexico to Argentina. The butterfly is very famous for its transparent wings, the span of which can reach 6 cm.