Introducing ten things that in no case should be placed inside a microwave oven - even "just a minute"! This applies only to those items that can be shoved into the microwave without hesitation - and lead to unpleasant consequences.
Dry sponges. Want to fry the bacteria that settled on your dishwashing sponge? Easy, but do not forget to moisten it. If it is dry, the sponge may catch fire inside the device.
Food containers containing metal. Even a small metal handle on the food container can cause a fire. Microwaves are absorbed by metal, the thin parts of which can spark and burn before a fire occurs, which can cause a fire.
Eggs in the shell. One of the most common mistakes is trying to boil an egg in the microwave. If the shell is not broken, the steam that has arisen inside the egg under the influence of microwaves does not find a way out, and the egg bursts nicely. If the shell is not whole, the eggs may well be heated.
Foil. The foil is used to block the action of microwaves, so it will not be very smart to try to heat food wrapped in this material in the microwave. This may cause sparks and fire.
Herbs to dry. Want to dry a bunch of dill or parsley? Using a microwave for this is a bad idea. In such herbs, there is simply not enough liquid, and if they are slightly overexposed, a fire can occur.
Vintage dishes. In the last century, there were other standards for creating dishes, and some types of plates can still contain compounds of lead or other heavy metals. When heated in the microwave, lead can get into food and cause poisoning, so it’s better to limit yourself to modern plates.
Paper bags. When paper bags are placed from supermarkets in the microwave, not only fire can occur, but also release of unpleasant toxic substances. Better to do without it.
Thermos Mugs. Before you warm up your morning coffee directly in a thermos mug made of stainless steel, carefully check whether you can actually put it in the microwave. If you want your coffee, mug and microwave to remain intact, it is better to pour the drink into something ceramic.
Plates with metal rims. Putting metal in a microwave is a sure way to a fire, even if it is only lightly applied to the rim of a nice plate. Safety is paramount.
Clothing. Warm socks warmed up in the microwave may seem like a great idea, but don't give in to it. Dry cloth can flare up, taking with you a microwave and possibly the entire apartment.