10 facts about the Rubik's Cube
1. The Rubik's Cube was invented by the Hungarian sculptor and architecture teacher Ernö Rubik. In recent years, the author of the puzzle has been developing video games .
2. Ernё Rubik spent a whole month when he first tried to collect a Rubik's cube.
3. The Rubik's Cube has 6 faces, 12 edges, 8 corners and is made up of 26 small parts . The player is guided by the color of the central element on each face.
4. Any color combination in the classic Rubik's Cube can be achieved in less than 20 moves .
5. The Rubik's Cube has 43 252 003 274 489 856 000 possible permutations. In the framework of human thinking, such a value is almost infinite.
6. Luck will not help you. If a player makes a permutation once a second, it will take him 4200 trillion years to sort through all possible configurations.
7. World record holders of past years - Felix Zemdegs (4.73 seconds), Lucas Etter (4.90 seconds), Colin Burns (5.25 seconds), Mats Wolf (5.55 seconds). They all used the Friedrich method. But it is not so simple at all: there are about 120 algorithms for solving the puzzle using this method.
8. The average person rarely thinks that the assembly speed depends not only on the method: the cube must be of high quality and lubricated in advance, because time goes by a split second.
9. The toy turned out to be very popular: about 350 million Rubik's cubes have been sold all the time. Every sixth person in the world has already found an algorithm to solve this problem.